@WNOPtribe

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Worship Wednesday - Time for a Praise Break



A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lordis good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100:1-5


I'm so excited that today is Wednesday and that the day is almost over! 
Time to get real. It's been a very difficult 48 hours. I feel exhausted, drained, torn in a thousand directions, and like I've been running a marathon. Hundreds of miles driven, working full time, having family over, taking care of  the baby, my husband, and all this on maybe 5 hours of sleep. It really does take it's toll. And you know what? It hasn't been easy or pretty, and I haven't been the most graceful under pressure, at all. All that being said, not once have I stopped worshipping and praising the Lord. And that my sweet peeps has made ALL the difference.

You know why? Because despite of it all, HE IS WORTHY! We explored this in yesterday's post  titled: Why Do We Worship? So despite my condition, my feelings, my exhaustion, and mood...I CHOSE to worship. 

Yes, you "heard" right, I chose. Remember that; it's a choice. It takes effort and it's not always easy. The thing is though, that with all of today's technology, it is readily available. How did I do it? Well, first of all, I made the choice to worship (I hate to harp on it, but when life gets rough we must be intentional about making this choice. Once I made the choice, I just played the playlist on my phone and clicked on my favorite worship artist's radio channel on iTunes (Pandora and Spotify also work). I blasted that music in my car and sang my lungs out. Yes, that's right...I drove down I-35 with my hands in the air at the top of my lungs singing and praying and praising the Most High God, for the only reason that He is Worthy. And guess what? It made all the difference! Did my day get easier? Not really. Was everything roses and sunshine? Not at all. 

Actually, we even got more bad news. The only thing that changed was MY HEART. Can you believe it? When I switched the focus from my frustrations, problems, exhaustion, thoughts, and feelings to the One and Only True God, nothing else mattered. Not only did I feel better but the Lord renewed me. He gave me energy that only comes from the Holy Spirit  (Starbucks ain't got nothing on Holy Spirit power). He was so gracious that He not only gave me my portion, he filled me to overflow so much so I was able to get on Periscope and share an encouraging word with others. That's how God works! To think that only minutes earlier I was on the verge of tears and collapse. Totally broken to the world, yet that's the vehicle God chose to deliver a message (but we will save the How God uses broken vessels to shine His light for another day) The Holy Spirit empowered me to spread the love of God with a smile on my face!  (If you'd like to watch that broadcast click here.) I don't say this to brag, but rather to encourage you to make the choice to take a <<praise break>>. If you've never tried it before, go ahead do it now! 

I've made to easy for you. I've included a list of worship songs that our amazing tribe members put together. You don't have to go anywhere, just scroll down this page and click away. Turn up the volume and get lost in prayer and praise! 

Much Blessings,

Cristina

P.S. Thank's to all my Facebook friends for all their amazing suggestions! We are a tribe and I'm blessed God has brought us together. I love how y'all have come on this journey with me...If you didn't share on my original post, go ahead and post your favorites in the comments below. I'll use them for our next Worship Wednesday ;)




























3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Cristina - love your honesty! Thanks for sharing all of those great worship songs as well - so many are my favorites! Good, good Father and No Longer Slaves are at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! This was a fun one to write because I got to discover some new go-to songs. We really are blessed with an amazing tribe my friend! Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay Cristina! :) This is the version of Good Good Father I was telling you about on Periscope the other day :) xxx

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhBIQUBvu-sbESe3I5b1okOqskc38w6GO&v=cAPUo65t2tI

    ReplyDelete