@WNOPtribe

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Confession #13: It's all about the fight...song




So David arose early in the morning and left the flock with a keeper and took the supplies and went as Jesse had commanded him. And he came to the circle of the camp while the army was going out in battle array shouting the war cry.

When I think about the battles of life, I think about how music and song have gotten me through some of the toughest battles of my life. One day as I was journaling the Lord revealed to me why this was. He showed me that throughout history, anytime a soldier went into combat, there would be a battle cry. Battle cry is defined as:

bat·tle cry
noun
  1. a word or phrase shouted by soldiers going into battle to express solidarity and intimidate the enemy.
    synonyms:war cry, war whoop, rallying call/cry; 
    "the army's battle cry"


Like the lyrics from the song by Rachel Platten, we all need a fight song. Something that reminds us and incites us into motion, into action. It gets you pumped up, it reminds you who you are, and that you can do it. I've had more than one battle cry throughout the years. Almost as if God gives me the perfect song right when I need it. 


Lyrics from "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten



Yesterday I discovered a new song. I half listened until the lyrics just shook me. This is the part that stood out to me:





We'll walk through fire and ice
Come out the other side with diamonds in our eyes

[Chorus]
So princess, hold your head high
Even if you have to cry
Don't let your crown fall
Don't let your crown fall
Your script is in the making
You can hold the aching but
Don't let your crown fall


The lyrics get even better, just take a listen for yourself...


So tonight, if you haven't yet ..find you're battle cry. Find your fight song. Life hits hard and you're gonna need it. And remember sweet sister...Don't let your crown fall.

Much love,
Cristina


**This is part of the 31 day series: Confessions of a Faithonista**


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved your suggestion today 😉 It took away a lot of the pressure

      Delete