@WNOPtribe

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Confession #4: Memes are my love language



I'm sorry if you've come here to read something deep from the bottom of my soul, something profound and melancholy, or something uber spiritual. No, this isn't a catchy title just to bait and switch you into reading something deep. None of that nonsense! Tonight I won't be digging into my past traumas, failures, or insecurities. Thank God, right!?!? One can only take those heavy hitting topics in doses...and I think we've all had our fill for the next couple of days. So tonight I come to you with a very TRUE confession: I LOVE MEMES!




I'm not really sure when my obsession with memes even started. it was very natural and organic. When I first saw the word meme I thought to myself, "what is that and most importantly, how do you even pronounce it?" I mean, seriously, is it pronounced MEEM or MEE-MEE? Is there even a right way of pronouncing it? Well I'm glad you asked! According to the Google dictionary, The official source of popular vernacular,the proper pronunciation is /mēm/. And while we are looking at the dictionary we might as well define meme for those of you who still might be a little lost and know what I'm talking about. 



Meme - n. 
  • a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.

    I'm telling you, these digital pieces of artistic interpretation can evoke and help me express almost any emotion I feel at any giving moment. Some people come home and unwind with a glass (or bottle) of wine while others seek out the endorphins fueled euphoric high that comes from exercise. Nope not me...give me a good meme and it will change my mood. Want another confession? I sometimes scroll on Facebook and search for controversial posts just to scroll down the comments and relish in the meme war that has ensued. Never tried it? You must! I promise that it will offer hours of entertainment.


    So why do I love memes so much? Let me tell you.

    If you're having a bad day...there's a meme for that.


    If you're tired of politics...there's a meme for that.


    If you love cats...there's a meme for that.

    P.S. There's an unspoken rule that the most EPIC memes are cat memes.

    If you're single and lonely...there's a meme for that.



    Married and miserable? You guessed it....there's a meme for that too.



    Kids driving you crazy...there's a meme for that.

    Having a bad hair day...there's a meme for that.


    Love your country...there's a meme for that.


    Tired of all the new wave of made popular words created by this text happy generation...there's a meme for that.

    Did I mention that cat meme's are the most epic?

    Wanna throw some shade...there's a meme for that


    You hate your job...there's a meme for that.


    It's your husband's birthday today...there's a meme for that. (Happy Birthday Hunny!)


    You get the picture right? There's a meme for just about anything...and if you like memes don't even get me started on GIFs!  But in all seriousness, before I sign off there's one more meme I'd like to share with you.

    Needing inspiration, encouragement, or the strength to move on...there's a meme for that.


    Come on now, you didn't really think I wouldn't throw some God in there? No matter how much fun memes are, my peace, my strength, and my joy come from the LORD alone. If you ever need any of that or want to know more about my faith and who I put my trust in feel free to IM or email me. We need to talk!

    Much love,

    Cristina

    **This is part of the 31 day series: Confessions of a Faithonista**

2 comments: